Some key points from "The new recommendations added into the final version of the DDTMP are:
1. Intersection and Roadway Facility Improvements
- Hatt Street Traffic Calming Study- undertake a traffic calming study to reduce vehicle speeds and provide additional pedestrian crossing locations.
- Creekside Drive Traffic Calming Study- undertake a traffic calming study to reduce traffic infiltration and improve safety.
- Governor’s Road / Ogilive Street Operational Improvements- modify the pavement markings on the northbound approach (Ogilive Street) to better delineate the commencement of the northbound right turn lane. Also, the horizon for improvements changed from long-term to medium and short-term.
- Governor’s Road/ Main Street/ Osler Intersection Operations and Safety Improvement- provide exclusive northbound and southbound left turn lanes by widening Main Street and Osler Drive to a 5-lane cross-section. Optimize signal timing plans. Medium term horizon.
- Hatt Street/Memorial Square Intersection- monitor transportation operations to determine if improvements are warranted in the future to address capacity shortfalls for the southbound approach (short term).
- Market Street/Hatt Street Intersection- Add a westbound and eastbound left turn lanes with 15 metre storage bays.
2. Transit Facility Alternatives
- Implement a zone bus service to replace conventional fixed route transit. Provide connection to B-line service at University Plaza
- Ensure appropriate transit shelters and passenger amenities/information at highly used stops and at Node locations .
- Identify opportunities to provide transit priority features encompassing physical improvements and technology improvements where transit vehicles are delayed. This may be near the transit terminal and connection to the B-line service.
- Investigate developing a multi-modal facility in Dundas just outside the Downtown area that strengthens linkages to the existing facility located at McMaster University;
- Establish park and ride facilities at key transit hubs. In Dundas, a logical location for a park and ride facility would be at the University Plaza. An agreement would be made with the plaza owner to reserve a small number of spaces that would allow Dundas residents to connect to the B-Line.
3. Cycling Facility Improvements
View Dundas - cycling recommendations in Downtown Dundas Transportation Master Plan in a larger map
On Street Bike Lanes- Implement cycling facility improvements per direction provided in City-Wide Cycling Master Plan update. Facilities in Downtown Dundas include:
- King Street West: cycling lanes from Market Street to Bond Street
- Market Street: cycling lanes from Governor’s Road to King Street West
- Hatt Street: cycling lanes from Market Street to Main Street
- Sydenham Street / Memorial Square: cycling lanes from Hatt Street to Romar Drive
- Main Street / Osler Drive: cycling lanes from King Street to Main Street West
- Ogilvie Street: cycling lanes from Hatt Street to the multi-use trail south of Dundana Avenue
- York Street: cycling lanes from King Street East to Olympic Drive
- Governor’s Road: cycling lanes from Cootes Drive to Binkley Road