CAR FREE DAY 2005 in Hamiltona week long celebration by Transportation for Liveable Communities
- Monday, September 19 - GUIDED BUS/HIKE TO WEBSTER'S FALLS (Dundas) - meet at front entrance to McMaster Medical Centre 5:30 pm sharp. Take a city bus then hike to beautiful Spencer Gorge and Webster's Falls in Dundas. Mac students bring your student card with HSR sticker for a free ride
- Tuesday September 20, WOMEN ONLY BIKE REPAIR WORKSHOP at OPIRG�s RECYCLE CYCLES � 6-9 p.m. � Recycle Cycles is a volunteer run bike repair workshop located in the basement of Erskine Presbyterian Church (19 Pearl Street North) � to register of for more information call Dean at 905-577-7753
- Wednesday September 21 - HISTORICAL HARBOUR BICYCLE TOUR w/BRIAN HENLEY - meet 5:00 pm at mcmaster's wentworth house (Sterling Street entrance) - take a bicycle tour of the waterfront trail with local historian Brian Henley. Learn about the rich natural and social history of the region. Free
- Wednesday, September 21, Gage Park at dusk � FAMILY CAR FREE MOVIE NIGHT - a "drive-in" without the cars. Come for a free outdoor movie at the historic Gage Park bandshell. Feature: The Triplets of Belleville. Gage and Cumberland - take a Delaware bus - bring snacks.
- Thursday September 22 - STREET PARTIES, everywhere! September 22 is CAR FREE DAY, celebrated around the world. Hold a street party, or road hockey game in your neighbourhood. Reclaim the streets from cars.
- Friday, September, 23 - CAR FREE SPECIAL CRITICAL MASS BIKE RIDE, 5:30 p.m. Hess and George. Hamilton cyclists have been meeting for the monthly bike ride since May 1998. Join in and make bikes big on the streets!
- Sunday, September 25 - CAR FREE COOTES - take a guided hike in McMaster's back-yard, Cootes Paradise Nature reserve with Ward One Councillor BRIAN McHATTIE (former President Hamilton Naturalist Club). Meet at 10:00 am at the OPIRG office, McMaster Student Centre room 229.